In Vietnam, you should visit Hanoi and explore attractions like Hoan Kiem Lake, the Old Quarter, and the Temple of Literature. Then, take a trip to Ha Long Bay to experience its stunning natural beauty and go on a cruise.
During your 4-day visit to Vietnam, there are several must-visit places and activities that will make your trip memorable. Start your adventure in Hanoi, the bustling capital city, where you can immerse yourself in the vibrant culture and explore historical landmarks.
Hoan Kiem Lake: Take a leisurely stroll around this picturesque lake located in the heart of the city. Don’t miss the iconic red Huc Bridge and Ngoc Son Temple situated on a small island in the lake.
- Old Quarter: Get lost in the narrow streets filled with shops, street food stalls, and traditional Vietnamese architecture. Enjoy the bustling atmosphere and try local delicacies like pho, banh mi, and egg coffee.
- Temple of Literature: Visit this ancient Confucian temple, Vietnam’s first national university. Admire the beautiful gardens and courtyards while learning about the country’s educational history.
As Mark Twain famously said, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” Make the most of your time in Vietnam by venturing beyond Hanoi to the breathtaking Ha Long Bay.
Ha Long Bay:
Cruise Experience: Embark on a cruise through the mesmerizing limestone karsts, emerald waters, and floating villages of Ha Long Bay. Witness unforgettable sunsets and stunning landscapes that have made this UNESCO World Heritage site renowned worldwide.
- Caving and Kayaking: Explore the bay’s hidden gems by kayaking through tranquil caves and lagoons. Discover unique rock formations and stalactites while immersing yourself in the natural wonders of the bay.
- Cat Ba Island: Extend your trip to Cat Ba Island, the largest island in the area. Enjoy hiking trails, beautiful beaches, and breathtaking viewpoints overlooking the bay.
Interesting facts about Vietnam:
- Vietnam’s national flag consists of a golden star on a red background, symbolizing the country’s unity and spirit.
- The Vietnamese Dong (VND) is the official currency, and it is advisable to exchange currency at authorized outlets for better rates.
- Vietnam is famous for its coffee culture. Don’t miss trying traditional Vietnamese drip coffee, often served with condensed milk.
- The Vietnamese Lunar New Year, known as Tet, is the most important holiday in the country, usually falling in late January or early February. It is a time of family gatherings, colorful decorations, and traditional rituals.
To summarize the suggested itinerary:
|1||Hanoi – Hoan Kiem Lake|
|Hanoi – Old Quarter|
|Hanoi – Temple of Literature|
|2||Ha Long Bay – Cruise Experience|
|3||Ha Long Bay – Caving and Kayaking|
|4||Ha Long Bay – Cat Ba Island|
Make the most of your 4-day visit to Vietnam by exploring the vibrant city of Hanoi and experiencing the ethereal beauty of Ha Long Bay. Remember, as Mark Twain advised, to seize the opportunity for adventure and create lasting memories.
Response video to “What should I do in Vietnam for 4 days?”
The video “PLAN YOUR PERFECT VIETNAM ITINERARY” provides helpful recommendations for planning a trip to Vietnam. It emphasizes the importance of thoughtful planning and prioritizing destinations in order to maximize your time in the country. The video covers popular places in northern Vietnam such as Hanoi, Halong Bay, Sapa, and Tam Coc, providing insights into the activities and travel times associated with each location. It also discusses the central and southern regions of Vietnam, recommending places like Hoi An, Dalat, and Saigon. The speaker talks about the Mekong River and Phu Quoc as additional options for travelers. Overall, the video serves as a useful guide for creating a well-rounded Vietnam itinerary.
Other methods of responding to your inquiry
- Visit the Ngoc Son Temple
- Go around the Mausoleum
- Chill at the Hoan Kiem Lake
- Watch the Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre ( get skip the line tickets here)
- Go shopping
The Best Things to Do in Vietnam
- 1) Explore the World’s Biggest Caves in Phong Nha
- 2) Check Out Vietnam On a Motorbike
- 3) Learn About the Local Culture
- 4) Cruise Along the Mekong Delta
This 4-day trip to Vietnam will allow you to participate in various exciting activities, including a boat tour, cycling, walking, and socializing with friendly locals.
Day 2-3:Sapa – Mountain trekking amongst the rice paddies. Day 4-5:Halong Bay – Overnight sailing trip Day 6-7:Hue – Royal city Day 8-9:Hoi An- UNESCO heritage town
Recommended Tour Packages: Discover the Hidden Treasures of Buon Ma Thuot 4 Days Honeymoon Excursion in Northern Vietnam 4 Days La Siesta Superyacht 4 days 3 nights North Vietnam 4 Days Excursion Trekking Pu Luong Nature Reserve 4 Days