Yes, December is generally hot in Vietnam as it falls within the dry season with average temperatures ranging from 20°C to 30°C (68°F to 86°F).
Yes, December is generally hot in Vietnam as it falls within the dry season with average temperatures ranging from 20°C to 30°C (68°F to 86°F). The country’s climate is influenced by its geographical location and diverse topography, resulting in varying temperatures throughout different regions.
Interestingly, Vietnam spans over 1,000 miles from north to south, resulting in distinct regional variations in temperature and weather patterns. The northern parts of Vietnam, including Hanoi and Halong Bay, can experience cooler temperatures during December, with average highs ranging from 17°C to 24°C (63°F to 75°F). On the other hand, the central and southern regions, such as Da Nang, Hoi An, and Ho Chi Minh City, tend to have warmer temperatures with average highs ranging from 25°C to 30°C (77°F to 86°F).
In addition to temperature variations, Vietnam’s climate during December is characterized by low humidity and little rainfall, which contributes to the dry season. This makes it an ideal time for outdoor activities and exploring the country’s natural beauty. Whether it’s lounging on the stunning beaches of Phu Quoc or exploring the unique landscapes of Ha Long Bay, December offers an excellent opportunity to experience Vietnam’s diverse attractions.
A famous quote by the Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, perfectly encapsulates the essence of exploring Vietnam’s climate and natural wonders: “Feel the air hum with life, and notice the beauty that resides in the simplest of things.”
To provide more context and information, here is a list of interesting facts about Vietnam’s climate:
- Vietnam has a tropical monsoon climate, which means it has distinct wet and dry seasons.
- The country experiences regional differences in weather due to its diverse topography, including mountains, deltas, and coastal areas.
- The northern regions of Vietnam, such as Sapa and Hanoi, have four distinct seasons, including a chilly winter.
- The central regions of Vietnam, including Da Nang and Hue, have a longer dry season compared to the south, making them popular destinations during December.
- Vietnam’s southern region, including Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta, has a tropical climate with high temperatures and humidity year-round.
- December is a popular time to visit Vietnam as it offers comfortable temperatures for exploring both urban areas and natural landscapes.
- Despite the generally hot weather, Vietnam’s highlands, such as Dalat and Sa Pa, can have cooler temperatures even during December, making them refreshing getaway options.
Here’s a table summarizing the average temperatures in popular Vietnamese destinations during December:
|Destination||Average High Temperature (°C)||Average High Temperature (°F)|
|Hanoi||17°C – 21°C||63°F – 70°F|
|Halong Bay||20°C – 24°C||68°F – 75°F|
|Da Nang||24°C – 28°C||75°F – 82°F|
|Hoi An||24°C – 28°C||75°F – 82°F|
|Ho Chi Minh City||31°C – 34°C||88°F – 93°F|
In conclusion, December is generally hot in Vietnam, particularly in the central and southern regions, where average temperatures range from 25°C to 30°C (77°F to 86°F). However, it’s important to consider the regional variations and diverse landscapes that Vietnam offers when planning a visit in December.
Video response to “Is it hot in Vietnam in December?”
This video discusses the weather in Vietnam and advises on the best times to visit different regions. In the south, the best time to visit is from December to February during the dry season. In central Vietnam, the summer season lasts from the end of January until August, while typhoon season begins in September. Northern Vietnam experiences hot and humid weather from May to October, with December and January being the coldest months. The YouTuber advises bringing warmer clothes during the colder months in Hanoi. Overall, the video provides enough information for viewers to decide when to visit Vietnam.
Check out the other solutions I discovered
It is hot in the south, averaging 27°C(80°F), warm in the central region, averaging 24°C (75°F), and mild/cool in the north, averaging 20°C (68°F). Rainfall falls to a minimum in the south and north. It also decreases by about half in central Vietnam to moderate/high levels.